Volunteers of America Chesapeake, Inc. is a faith-based, non-profit organization whose mission is inspire self-reliance, dignity and hope through health and human services.
Founded in 1896 in Baltimore, MD Volunteers of America Chesapeake was one of the first branches of Volunteers of America - one of the nation's largest and most comprehensive human services organizations.
Through a dedicated and committed team of management, staff and volunteers and guided by our Core Values: Caring, Respect, Faith, Quality and Trust - Volunteers of America Chesapeake helps nearly 11,000 people each year throughout Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia at our 31 programs serving:
- The homeless
- Individuals with mental illness
- Individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Those in need of affordable housing
- Those in need of supportive services
- Those recovering from substance abuse addictions
- Those involved in community corrections