Maximize your Tax Benefits with Charitable Gifts
Volunteers of America Chesapeake, Inc. has new ways to help you maximize your giving impact and get a tax break. There are several ways you can give hope and maximize your tax benefits.
- Any of the following donations are acceptable gifts:
- Appreciated securities(stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc…)
- Goods (clothing, cars,etc…)
- Gifts in trust
- Stocks, Bonds or Mutual funds
- Your Gift of Hope will have even greater impact if you provide a gift of stock bonds or mutual funds.. You can maximize your tax benefit by donating a gift of appreciated stock, bonds or mutual funds. The gift of an asset, often common stock, bonds or mutual fund shares, is a valuable way to make a contribution to Volunteers of America Chesapeake and receive tax benefits based on the value of the asset(s).
- Your gift qualifies for a tax deduction based on the full market value of your stock, bonds or mutual funds. Plus you avoid the capital gains tax that will otherwise arise from the sale of this stock, bonds or mutual funds.
- Anyone can give a gift of appreciated stock, bonds or mutual funds including individual investors, families, entrepreneurship, and groups of friends who have formed investment clubs.
Consult your tax advisor for the best possible way to provide a gift of appreciated stock, bonds or mutual funds.
Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) is great way to provide a legacy gift.
- You can provide a lump sum gift and receive a monthly income benefit for the rest of your life, while donating to Volunteers of America Chesapeake and maximizing your tax benefits.
- You can also provide income to a loved one and receive tax benefits.
Always consult your financial or tax advisor for the best possible way to provide a charitable gift annuity.
If you have questions about providing a “Gift of Hope
” this year, Please contact James Wynn at 301-459-2020 Extension 242 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org