At Volunteers of America Chesapeake we offer a variety of volunteer opportunities for groups of any age and size.
Here some suggestions on how to get involved. Of course, we always welcome your ideas for new volunteer opportunities!
- Work with our Clients:
- Bring your group to play bingo with our senior clients
- Help a client improve or learn how to read
- Tutor our children
- Assist an adult with his or her resume and job interviewing skills
- Work "Behind the Scenes"
- Organize an umbrella drive, snack drive, winter coat drive or toiletry drive to benefit one of our programs.
- Host a Day of Service at our center for your school, religious group or community organization.
- Sort donations and organize our clothing closets
- Assemble toiletry kits
- Assist with mass mailings
- Plan special events like holiday activities, silent or live auctions, open houses, BBQ's and more
- Help Sustain our Centers:
- Paint and decorate
- Maintain landscaping
- Create murals or inspirational art
- Revitalize and renovate our homes and buildings
- Holiday Season Help:
- Donate food to our holiday meals
- Help set up, clean up and serve
- Sing holiday carols, make Valentine's Day cards, decorate
- Assist with gift wrapping
You can also volunteer by program. Click here for a complete list of all our services.
If you are interested in a particular opportunity, please:
If you have additional questions please feel free to call the program contact directly or contact:
Volunteers of America Chesapeake
7901 Annapolis Road
Lanham, MD 20706